19 August 2013 - hopefully the day my life changes forever - in a good way!
I am due at the hospital at 12 noon. I was hoping to be first cab off the rank - but it was not to be.
For the past week I have been trying to replace breakfast with Optifast, and yesterday I was on liquids only. Today it's nil by mouth from 7am. Smelling the toast and coffee being consumed by other members of the household was a bit torturous this morning!
I weighed myself today and I've dropped about 2 kgs since my first blog post - so that's good. My measurements have gone down a bit too, but not all over. I experienced this sort of thing the first time around when I had the band, so it's not unexpected.
Well, fingers crossed it all goes well and I'm not too sore afterwards. That's the more frightening part, the recovery. The surgery is just a day, but it's life afterwards that is going to be the challenge. I hope it's all worth it.
I'll let you know....
No comments:
Post a Comment