Friday, 6 September 2013

On to mush...

Hi again,

Well, I'm now halfway through my first week of mush!   I went for my two week post-op check last Tuesday (3 September) and got the okay to go onto a mushy diet.   Exciting!   Seriously, after just over two weeks of liquids, it IS exciting...

I came home from the doctor's office and made myself scrambled egg.   Mmmmmm, it sure tasted great.   Surprisingly though, I wasn't able to eat it all - at least not all at once.   This new tummy is going to take some getting used to.    Mind you, that's the point isn't it?   All the advice says to eat small mouthfuls and very slowly, but when you've had nothing but liquids for a while, its hard to follow that advice!    Anyway, I've managed to have scrambled eggs, very milky Weet-bix and tuna with a lot of low-fat mayo to smooth it out.   All delicious!

My weight loss though is another story.   I don't seem to have lost anything since I weighed myself over a week ago!  This is very depressing.   I'm probably only averaging about 850-1000 calories a day, so surely the weight should be dropping off?   On the gastric sleeve forums it seems this happens to a lot of people and everyone assures me that it will start to come off.  Maybe the body is just hanging on in the hope I'll snap out of it!

However, even though my weight hasn't changed, my measurements have!   So the only thing I can surmise is that it is re-distributing itself - just wondering where it's going?

Well, on the 17th September I will be able to go onto a normal diet - albeit one that is predominately protein - really looking forward to that!

Till then....

No comments:

Post a Comment